VetClick Discussion Forum

Re: Qualifications needed to become a vet

Posted by Kelseeeyy 
Kelseeeyy
February 10, 2010 04:38PM
hii, im Kelsey..
i am in 2nd year, which in year 9 in england. but i have to pick my subjects, i know i have to take Biology and Chemistry, but i ddint do well enought to take physics too. will this effect my chances of becoming a well trained vet, see i hope to somedaay move to africa and help big cats, elephants ..etc. butt im so scared i wil fail. HELP! ?
Tahnnkss xxx
February 10, 2010 04:52PM
Hi,

As far as I know you MUST have A levels at A or A* grades in Chemistry, Biology AND Physics or Maths even to be considered for a place at a UK vet school.
South Africa has one of the best veterinary schools in the world at Ondoorsteport and it produces all the vets they need, with a lot left over who come to work ion the UK!.

W
caitlyn galloway
August 03, 2012 11:34PM
hi
I am in 2nd year and i have to choose my subjects. I was going to choose chemistry,biology and physics but is there any other subjects i should take to help me become an equestrian vet ??
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator

All material on this website © Copyright VetClick (UK) Ltd 2000 - 2024 All rights reserved