VetClick Discussion Forum

Progressing from a vet nurse to a vet

Posted by nikkinikki 
Progressing from a vet nurse to a vet
February 03, 2010 10:39PM
Im from the UK

I wanted to know if it were possible to progress to a veterinary surgeon from working as a veterinary nurse.

Please could i be answered on weather this is possible and then the stages i would have to go through to suceed, such as amount of years needed to have been working as a veterinary nurse, amount of extra study and qualifications i would need and then how long this would all take

Thank you

x
Re: Progressing from a vet nurse to a vet
February 04, 2010 09:54AM
Hi,

A fully qualified VN would still need to complete the five years' (minimum) university course to graduate in veterinary medicine.

I d not know if with a VN qualification the university vet school entrance requirements would be rel;axed alittle, but I doubt it. I would expect you still to have A levels at A or A* grades in Chemistry, Physics or Maths.and Biology

In other words, there is no advantage in becoming a VN before applying to go to vet school .

W
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator

All material on this website © Copyright VetClick (UK) Ltd 2000 - 2024 All rights reserved