VetClick Discussion Forum

Steps to become a Vet

Posted by JoshPaul 
Steps to become a Vet
January 27, 2010 05:59PM
Hello.

I am 14 years old and have wanted to be a vet for many years and have never wanted to be anything else. I have grew up with animals and the family have six cats, two dogs (One which is over due), two rabbits, a Corn Snake and a Leopard Gecko. And my aunt owns a Turtle and three budgies.

I have been out of school for a year, home education, but have decided I want to go back and should be back in by the end of the month. I was always in the top 5 for all my classes, bar Art and Spanish. I love the sciences my weakest being physics and although I am not terrible at Maths it has never been my strong point. I am taking my choices this year and was wondering what to take and what to do since then.

P.S I am from the uk.
Re: Steps to become a Vet
January 27, 2010 06:34PM
Hi, Josh,

I think that you will have to work hard to catch up!
You will need a good range of GCSEs - say 8 subjects, at good grades, and A levels at A or A* in Chemistry, Biology and Physics or Maths to have a reasonable chance of being offered a place at a UK vet school.

W
khali
Re: Steps to become a Vet
July 21, 2011 05:51AM
Hello.
i live in terrace bc. (canada)
i am not the best in school but ive always wanted to be a vet. i am 14 and my goal is set on becoming a vet

im just wondering what classes you need, what classes to consentrate on and what grades
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator

All material on this website © Copyright VetClick (UK) Ltd 2000 - 2024 All rights reserved