VetClick Discussion Forum

Re: becoming a vet

Posted by Megan Gamble 
Megan Gamble
January 27, 2010 10:03AM
Hey i am 16 and coming to the end of school, I am very interested in becoming a vet but never believed in myself but i have grown up on a farm and have alot of experiance especially with horses. I am unsure what path to take next but as i dislike the thought of A levels at a school i heard there is a course at Nottingham Its a two year course in animal science would this benefit me to becoming a vet?
January 27, 2010 11:42AM
Hi,Megan,

These ,Animal Science' courses now availabnle at various colleges and universities are of no use to you whatever if you want to be a vet.

The only way to quailify as a vet is to attend at one of the six university veterinary schools in the UK, and to gain entry to one of those you need A levels at A grades
in Chemistry, Biology and Physics or maths.

Unless you do a crash course in thes eubjects, I think that you have left it too late.

W
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator

All material on this website © Copyright VetClick (UK) Ltd 2000 - 2024 All rights reserved