VetClick Discussion Forum

Re: Qualifications needed to become a vet

Posted by Someone 
Someone
December 04, 2009 07:29PM
Hello, i am 12 years old and would love to be a vet but i am getting mixed messages about the correct qualifications. I have also wanted to go to edinburgh uni for years could someone put me on the right
path?
December 05, 2009 09:08AM
Hi,

It depends a little on what exams your school prepares you for - English GCSEs or Scottish Highers.
You will need a good spread of subjects at 'O' level, and at least Chemistry, Biology and Physics or maths at A leve. all at A grades.
However, it is early days for you yet, and by the time you are old enough to go to vet school the entry requirments may have changed.
I believe that students living in Scotland may have preference for admission to Edinburgh and Glasgow - both excellent schools.

You must also start getting experience of working with animals in school holidays - farm, stable, kennels etc/

W
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator

All material on this website © Copyright VetClick (UK) Ltd 2000 - 2024 All rights reserved