VetClick Discussion Forum

Advice needed!

Posted by Helen J 
Helen J
Advice needed!
October 21, 2009 07:42PM
Hi,
I am currently doing my GCSE's in Year 11. I am predicted A/A* in all my subjects. However, the school has requested our A level choices now. I have always wanted to study veterinary medicine and become a surgeon since I was small. I know I need to study biology and chemistry which i am predicted A*, alongside side these I was going to take two humanity subjects, history (A*) and english lit (A*). However, I have just been informed that I need to take either physics (A*) or maths (A*) - this has put a spanner in my works! I understand that maths is helpful but i did not realise it was compulsory! I do not particularly enjoy maths and i hate physics! I need some advice on which is more helpful maths or physics? Also, is english neccessary at A level as i was going to take history instead as i thoroughly enjoy it!
Cheers,
Helen x
Re: Advice needed!
October 22, 2009 07:40AM
Hi, Helen,

To the best of my knowledge Physics or Maths at A level is essential, as well as Chemistry and Biology. Any over and above that are a bonus..

W
Helen J
Re: Advice needed!
October 22, 2009 07:39PM
Thanks for the advice Walter!
I've decided to take Biology, Chemistry, Maths and History at A level and am thoroughly looking forward to starting the courses! smiling smiley
Helen x
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator

All material on this website © Copyright VetClick (UK) Ltd 2000 - 2024 All rights reserved