VetClick Discussion Forum

Becoming a vet and getting experience

Posted by Georgina Phillips 
Georgina Phillips
Becoming a vet and getting experience
August 21, 2009 04:22PM
I am thirteen years old and although i am still young, i am determined to become a vet. I am a hard worker and interested in the welfare of animals. What qualifications at GCSE and A-level should i aim for? ? Also, what would i need to study at university if i got these levels? Growing up, i have always had animals as pets, such as horses, cats and recently rabbits. Are there any particular experiences that will help me in the future? thankyou for reading and please leave any comments that will help me! thankyou for your time and advice

Georgina
Re: Becoming a vet and getting experience
August 21, 2009 08:10PM
Hi, Georgina,

You will find all the information you need in earlier posts on this site.
However, to recap, you need the best range of O levels at A grade which you can achieve, followed by A levels in Chemistry and Bilogy and physics or Maths all at A or A*.

The veterinary course at University lasts for 5 years, and the pressure of applicates is high. and only the very best applicants succed in getting a place.

You can get more information on www.rcvs.org.uk and the websites of the universities with vet schools: London, Liverpool, Cambridge, Bristol, Glasgow, Edinburgh and Nottingham.

W
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator

All material on this website © Copyright VetClick (UK) Ltd 2000 - 2024 All rights reserved