VetClick Discussion Forum

Re: becoming a zoo vet

Posted by Jess 
Jess
August 08, 2009 05:00PM
my name is Jess i'm from Kent, i'm 16 and going into the first year of 6th form in september (to do AS levels) i'd like to become a zoo vet and wondering if this means i would have to do an extra course after university or if once qualified from university you can do any animal.

thanks,
Jess
August 09, 2009 07:33AM
Hi, Jess,

The courses at the UK veterinary schools qualify you, legally at least, to treat any animal species.
After graduating you can then try to get a job working in the area of your special interest, but I think that it is a good idea to have a spell in general mixed practice first so as to consolidate what you have learned.
It might be a good idea too to get some experience of working with zoo animasl - working at Hewletts, for example, which is in Kent and should be accessible to you. They will have a vet who might allow you to 'see practice' once you have started on the course.

W.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator

All material on this website © Copyright VetClick (UK) Ltd 2000 - 2024 All rights reserved