VetClick Discussion Forum

Vet Highers

Posted by Amanda Berg 
Amanda Berg
Vet Highers
February 19, 2009 06:11PM
Hi, I live in Scotland and I am 13. I am deciding on subject choice and I am highly educated (in private school) and want to be a vet. I don't know what subjects I need to take in higher...and I have no teachers to ask! PLEASE HELP!

Amanda
Re: Vet Highers
February 20, 2009 10:08AM
Hi, Amanda,

You must have Chemistry and Biology, if possible Physics ( or Natural Philosophy as it is called in sme parts of Scotland!) or Maths, and whatever else you think you can manage - e.g.Geography, a foreign language, English.

You must also get some work experience with animals - kennels, stables, farm and veterinary practice.
For up-to-date information write to the Admissions Secretaries at Glasgow Univeristy Veterinary School, Bearsden Road, Bearsden G61 or the Royal (Dick) School of Veterinary Studies, School Office, Summerhall, Edinburgh, EH19 1QH and ask what their entry requirements are.

W
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator

All material on this website © Copyright VetClick (UK) Ltd 2000 - 2024 All rights reserved