VetClick Discussion Forum

Re: becoming a vet

Posted by Jess 
Jess
January 20, 2009 02:56PM
Hi my name is Jess, I'm doing my GCSEs this year and need to start looking at options for A Levels.
I have been looking at Biology, Chemistry, History, English and Critical Thinking. I've done a lot of research and know how hard becoming a vet is. Some people I've talked to have said that it is important to do physics, but I'm also aware that your overall grades are (obviously) looked at and I do not think that I could get an A or above in physics at A level as I'm not that good at Maths. I know that this will restrict what universities I can apply to so should I take the risk and take physics but maybe not get an A, or pick subjects that I have a higher chance of getting the required grades in?
Please help!
Thanks,
Jess
January 20, 2009 03:36PM
Hi, Jess,

I think that a 'B' in A level Physics would be of very much greater value to you than an A* in 'Critical Thinking' (whatever that is) or History when you come to apply to a UK veterinary school.

W
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator

All material on this website © Copyright VetClick (UK) Ltd 2000 - 2024 All rights reserved