VetClick Discussion Forum

Re: becoming a vet

Posted by SARAHCASE 
SARAHCASE
December 16, 2008 03:55PM
Hello my name is Sarah.

I am 21 and have got GCSE'S Results of ENG LANG (A), PE (A), Maths (cool smiley, ENG LIT (cool smiley, BIOLOGY (C), CHEMISTRY (C), PHYSICS (C), HISTORY (C), SPANISH (D). I have also got A levels of Eng Lit (cool smiley, Eng Lang (C), PE (D). I am very interested in becoming a vet but when I was leaving school was very unsure what I wanted to do so went into work. I have decided my heart is now set on being a vet. What would I need to do in order to gain the qualifications that i needed to study to become a vet? I understand I will have to retake A-level exams in the Science's, but would I have to retake any GCSE subjects aswell. Are my GCSE'S good enough? Are you able to study those subjects at a night school or is it better to enrole again at a college and do a full time course?
I'm living in Huddersfield, UK.

Thank you
December 16, 2008 10:28PM
Hi, Sarah,

I am sorry, but I do not think you have a chance of getting into a University veterinary school with those grades.
However, to be certain, I suggest that you apply to your nearest - probably Liverpool-, and find out.

W
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator

All material on this website © Copyright VetClick (UK) Ltd 2000 - 2024 All rights reserved