VetClick Discussion Forum

Re: Work Experience Help

Posted by Emily legate 
Emily legate
December 08, 2008 08:29PM
I have my year 10 work experience coming up in july, i have sent of my letter to a vetinary hospital and have been asked back for a interview what sort of things do i need to say in my interview. i have got the name and contact details of the show kennels that i voulintary work at. Any tips welcome.

thanks emily
December 09, 2008 09:38AM
Hi,

You need to know why you want to be a veterinary (NB SPELLING!!) surgeon, and do not trot out the easy answer 'because I love animals' !
Mention any voluntary (NB SPELLING!!) work with animals which you have done in the past. You must say that you are willing to do any jobs you are given, however unpleasant ( there may be a lot of cage cleaning)
Know what field of work you would like to be in if and when you qualify as a vet.
Go to the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons web site (www.rcvs.org.uk) and do some background reading about the veterinary profession.
Decide which University Veterinary School you would like to attend, after visiting their web sites,

Good luck.

W
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator

All material on this website © Copyright VetClick (UK) Ltd 2000 - 2024 All rights reserved