VetClick Discussion Forum

Re: becoming a vet

Posted by Agility Obsessed (: 
Agility Obsessed (:
November 20, 2008 09:22PM
Hi, I am also picking doing my options after christmas. And ofcourse i hope to become a vet, even if i have to take exams 1000 times (:.
I am
2/8 sets in maths
1/6 sets in french and spanish
1/8 sets in science
and i am farely good at english.

I am definatly picking triple science and you have to do maths and enlgish.
Does it matter what my other top options are??

thanks (:
November 21, 2008 09:49AM
Hi,

I am sure that there will be someone reading this who is more up-to-date with entrance requirments than I am, so any advice would be very welcome.

W

PS "farely good at enlgish" - you could have fooled me!
November 21, 2008 02:00PM
Hi,

Look at the last two messages under Vet Students below.

W

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/21/2008 02:02PM by Walter Beswick.
Agility Lover (:
November 26, 2008 06:45PM
Where?
I saw you write that somewhere before but don't understand where you mean.
Sorry
November 26, 2008 07:58PM
Hi,

If you go to the top of this page ( sorry, earlier I said 'below') and click on @message List ' you will find 5 pages of questions and answers, and I am sure that you will find the answer to your question there, more accurate than any reply I could give you.

W
Agility Obsessed (:
November 30, 2008 06:37PM
Thankyou very much,
I really wish i wasn't the biggest pain in the royal bac side but i still can't find it.
I'm sorry to bother you.

Thankyou very much for your time,

Sian
December 05, 2008 08:11PM
Hi, Sian,

The following is the message to which I was referring. I hope it helps.

W

"To see some new careers materials about the veterinary profession, which were developed jointly by the veterinary schools, RCVS and Defra - go to www.walksoflife.org.uk
Here you'll find an electronic version of a brochure that was sent to all UK schools in May 2008. The electronic brochure contains links to some short videos about different aspects of veterinary work, and also links to more detailed information about the entry requirements for all the veterinary schools. Note that most veterinary schools now ask for grades AAB at A level, to include at least 2 sciences. It varies slightly from university to university, however, so do check the details.
More information is also to be found at www.rcvs.org.uk/careers
You can also view the videos at www.youtube.com/vetcareers "
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator

All material on this website © Copyright VetClick (UK) Ltd 2000 - 2024 All rights reserved