VetClick Discussion Forum

mature student

Posted by Ron 
mature student
October 28, 2008 02:55PM
hi there,
ive just joined the forum as im looking to change my career and proceed with my dream of becoming a vet...
i didn't do very good in my GCSE's and will have to go back and do them and A' levels before i do anything...
ive been told as im a mature student they will be a little leanient as to the grades ill need, is this true?
and what GCSE's and also A'levels would give my a greater chance of success in a uni?

Ron
Re: mature student
October 28, 2008 08:12PM
Hi, Ron,

I suggest that you write to the Admissions Secretary at each of the six UK veterinary schools, telling them your GCSE results and grades, explaining your motivation, and asking them if they would be prepared to accept you on the strength of your A levels, if your grades are good enough.

W
October 29, 2008 02:47PM
how would i contact him/her?
October 29, 2008 05:04PM
How about writing a letter?
You will find the addresses of the vet schools on the relevant University web sites -London, Cambridge, Liverpool, Bristol, Nottigham. Glasgow and Edinburgh.

W
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator

All material on this website © Copyright VetClick (UK) Ltd 2000 - 2024 All rights reserved