VetClick Discussion Forum

Re: becoming a vet

Posted by lora. 
lora.
October 18, 2008 01:24PM
Hi I am 13 and soon will need to choose my options for GCSE. For science i am in top set but i am one of the lower achiveing in that set. What will help me gain an advantage in science as i belive that i will not be able to do so on my own. Also i belive that to become a veterinary surgeon i will need All 3 sciences and maths at an A or A* grade and english at a A*-B grade is this correct? Then for my choosen options i have been advised to take a language, is this wise or are there other things i should consider? What is the age i should start working in kennels and farms as i have found that expirience is key when it comes to being excepted for a collage/uni and would like to start a basic undersatnding of animals as soon as posible.

Thank-you lora.
October 18, 2008 04:08PM
Hi. Lora,

If you scroll down the page to the message from Freda Andrews you will get the latest information about entry requirements to the UK University Veterinary Schools.

W
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator

All material on this website © Copyright VetClick (UK) Ltd 2000 - 2024 All rights reserved