VetClick Discussion Forum

Change of career at 42

Posted by Helen 
Helen
Change of career at 42
October 08, 2008 11:29AM
For tha last 20 years I have run in partnership a boarding kennels and cattery, but due to the death of my business partner (father), I am contemplating a change in career, to train as a veterinary nurse.

Within the last year I started a FdSc Animal Welfare via distance learning (This would take another 3 - 4 years to complete and be difficult to do while running the business alone). Over the years I have taken various courses via distance learning from the Animal Care College and NVQ Level 3 Petstore Management.

Would my age be detrimental in finding a training postion? and would it be adviseable to apply to TP before I have sold the business?

I feel that my past experience dealing with animals and people would be an advantage together with being used to working long hours and studying while working.

I have looked into TP in my area (on the edge of Manachester) and RCVS, BVNA websites.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Helen
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator

All material on this website © Copyright VetClick (UK) Ltd 2000 - 2024 All rights reserved