VetClick Discussion Forum

Re: Interview

Posted by Catherine Mirza 
Catherine Mirza
November 01, 2007 09:26AM
I have recently applied to study veterinary science at university. I have managed to get an interview and so have been racking my brains to think of a worthwhile question to ask at the end. Has anyone got any ideas.
Many thanks.
November 01, 2007 09:40AM
Hi, Catharine,

You do not say where you live, and I cannot tell where from your e-mail address. I can only speak for veterinary schools in the UK ( and then not officially by any means!).
A reasonable question, if you are asked to produce one, would be
" Would I have a choice of options in the clinical years of the course?" (i.e. to concentrate on for example, farm animals, small companion animals or horses)
or " How can I best spend my time between now and starting at the University - on a farm, in a kennels, at a livery yard etc"
or " In the pre-clinical years would I be better off 'Seeing Practice' or working on a farm?"

W
Susan Parnell
November 18, 2007 06:07PM
Hi,
I've got an interview at the RVC next week and I'm quite worried about it. All of my friends have applied for Medicine and have been quizzing each other with interview questions for the past month, but I havn't been able to find out about any questions which I might be asked in the interview. Would you be able to give me an idea about what sort of questions I will need to answer?

Thanks a lot,

Susan
November 19, 2007 10:39AM
Hi, Susan,

To the best of my knowledge there is no 'fixed' format for these interviews, but I suspect that you will be asked what involvement you have had with animals, what are your hobbies and pastimes, but mainly I think they will be looking at an ability to express yourself clearly, and to volunteer information,rather than them having to drag it out of you!

W
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator

All material on this website © Copyright VetClick (UK) Ltd 2000 - 2024 All rights reserved