VetClick Discussion Forum

Locum Work In the UK

Posted by Snoopy 
Snoopy
Locum Work In the UK
April 16, 2007 12:00AM
Hi, I am currently in New Zealand and keen come and do some locum vet work in the UK. However, I have been told that in the UK you spend a pound like a dollar and that although the pay rates look lucrative, the cost of living is so much higher that you don't necessarily manage to save a lot. I'd appreciate any comments as to whether or not this is the case. Cheers
Re: Locum Work In the UK
April 16, 2007 07:36AM
Hi, Snoopy,

You have been informed correctly. The cost of living in the UK, especially in the south-east ( say within a 50 mile radius of London) is very high.
However, if you were to find a locum position in the north of England or in Scotland, you might find you get a lower salary, but the cost of living is much lower.

W
May 01, 2007 01:56PM
Sorry, how long one has to work in the UK to be able to work as a Locum vet? is it possible to work as a locum vet in the UK without previous experience working in the UK but with experience in other country? (-: !!! THANKS!!!
May 01, 2007 07:19PM
If you have a veterinary degree registrable with the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons (www.rcvs.org.uk) you can work in the UK as a veterinary surgeon as soon as you are registered.
May 02, 2007 02:07PM
Sorry, I know that, but I want to know about working as a Locum vet, so covering vacancies around.
May 02, 2007 02:22PM
Go to www.vetclick.co.uk and check there. You can also post your details on that site.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator

All material on this website © Copyright VetClick (UK) Ltd 2000 - 2024 All rights reserved