VetClick Discussion Forum

Vetinary Surgeries - Data Protection

Posted by britishshorthair 
Vetinary Surgeries - Data Protection
April 07, 2009 09:50PM
Hi - bit of a strange one I know, but does anyone know if vets or staff at a vetinary surgery are obligated to confirm data protection on the phone in order to disclose information held on a pet record?

Had a bit of a problem where someone has gained information about how much a recent operation on my cat cost, which im not too happy about.

Any help appreciated guys, thanks smiling smiley

Chris
Re: Vetinary Surgeries - Data Protection
April 08, 2009 11:23AM
Hi,

I am sorry, but I do not understand what you mean when you say 'obligated to confirm data protection'. Professional confidentialty, however, certainly applies.

Your client records should be held confidential except to another veterinary suregon who is taking over a case, and with the animal owner's permission calls the previous vet for details of the case records.

If there has been a clear case of breach of confidentialty and you feel sufficiently strongly about it you should file a complaint with the RCVS (www.rcvs.org.uk)

W
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator

All material on this website © Copyright VetClick (UK) Ltd 2000 - 2024 All rights reserved