VetClick Discussion Forum

a vet to chenge direction

Posted by andreea zaharia 
andreea zaharia
a vet to chenge direction
November 01, 2008 01:08PM
Hi

i am a romanian vet.i came in uk in 2006 and since then i am trying to find a job but i didnt had any luck.my problem is that i dont have practical experience.i tried to do volunteering but not luck either.i just want to know if i can do something else with my diploma?i even willing to go back to school.please their is anybody who know something about this?

thank you
andreea
Re: a vet to chenge direction
November 01, 2008 01:17PM
Hi, Andreea,

I assume that you have registered with the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons and obtained your membership?

W
andreea zaharia
Re: a vet to change direction
November 01, 2008 01:28PM
I am already registered with RCVS
November 01, 2008 02:29PM
Hi,
If you are registered MRCVS, that is a good - and essential - start.

Exactly what experience have you had, and when did you qualify as a veterinary surgeon in Rumania?

W
andreea
November 01, 2008 03:38PM
I qualified in june 2006 and in july 2006 i came in uk so i didnt had time to gain any experience. and because of this time being out of job a lot of my knowlege are lost.thats way i am thinking to go back to school for one or two years to fill confident again.but i dont know the steps i have to folow.in the uk a vet can only work in a practise?

thank you
andreea
November 01, 2008 04:37PM
Hi, Andreea,

There are lots of jobs for vets in the UK as well as general practice - work in animal charities such as the Blue Cross or the RSPCA or the PDSA, DEFRA ( the State Veterinary Service), Meat Inspection, Medicine manufacturers, for a start.
Have you looked at situations vacant on this (Vetclick) site?

W
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator

All material on this website © Copyright VetClick (UK) Ltd 2000 - 2024 All rights reserved