VetClick Discussion Forum

FrontLine Problems

Posted by MacsDad 
FrontLine Problems
September 20, 2008 01:49PM
Our Black Lab; Mac reacted very badly to a dose of FrontLine this week. Apart from appalling red sores, swelling to his throat and neck, he didn't eat or drink or wish to go out for his three times daily walk. On checking for adverse reactions to FrontLine on the internet I was shocked to learn that Mac's experience with FrontLine is nothing new and I discovered the heartbreaking truth as to what this particular ant-flea treatment is capable of. Fortunately Mac is now recovering with the help of anti-biotics and steriod creams. My concern is the dog owners who are not aware of the terrible track record this apparently harmless treatment is currently building up. Surely the manufacturer is duty bound to include some information of the possible adverse side effects of this product. I read on one internet discussion forum that a similar product from Pfizer in the US has been forced to concede on the printed information contained within their product that death is a possibility if a dog reates badly to it.
If owners buy FrontLine in good faith then the very least the manufacturer should be doing is making owners aware of the risks in using it.
Re: FrontLine Problems
September 20, 2008 06:52PM
I could not agree more.
If you live in the UK, make sure that you vet files an ' Adverse Reaction Report' to the VMD (Veterinary Medicines Directorate)

W
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator

All material on this website © Copyright VetClick (UK) Ltd 2000 - 2024 All rights reserved