<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<rss version="2.0" xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/">
<channel>
<title>Bladder cancer</title>
<description> Hello,
I am writing from Spain and I would really like to know your opinion.

I have a 8 years old Golden Retriever who has just had an operation to remove a mass in her bladder. It was succesfully removed and I just got the lab results today. My vet said that the edges are clean and that they are not sure if the tumor is Leiomysacorma or Rhabdomysarcoma and they needed to do more test to determine that.

She told me that I have to decide to give the dog chimotherapy too (apparently this is more appopiate for one type of cancer more than the other but the results are going to take 40 days).
Could anybody tell me if it is a good idea to do chemotherapy after the operation? (to my acknowledge there is not signs of spreading but they haven&amp;#039;t do other test)

They did an ultrasound last week, saw the mass, operate on her (sucessfully) and now it&amp;#039;s a matter of knownig if they should do chimotherapy to make sure.

I would really appreciate if anybody can give me an advise.

Regards,
Esther</description><link>https://www.vetclickforum.co.uk/read.php?7,18683,18683#msg-18683</link><lastBuildDate>Tue, 29 Sep 2026 09:15:46 +0000</lastBuildDate>
<generator>Phorum 5.2.23</generator>
<item>
<guid>https://www.vetclickforum.co.uk/read.php?7,18683,22762#msg-22762</guid>
<title>Re: Bladder cancer</title><link>https://www.vetclickforum.co.uk/read.php?7,18683,22762#msg-22762</link><description><![CDATA[ Hello,<br /><br />This is just to report that our dog is just fine after more than two years that they removed her cancer. Your answer helped us a lot. We will always be grateful that you took the time to share your knowledge.<br />Regards,<br />Esther]]></description>
<dc:creator>Esther Plaza</dc:creator>
<category>Ask The Vet</category><pubDate>Mon, 26 Aug 2013 18:40:40 +0000</pubDate></item>
<item>
<guid>https://www.vetclickforum.co.uk/read.php?7,18683,18698#msg-18698</guid>
<title>Re: Bladder cancer</title><link>https://www.vetclickforum.co.uk/read.php?7,18683,18698#msg-18698</link><description><![CDATA[ Leiomyosarcoma and Rhabdomyosarcoma are tumours of muscle. The most important thing is to get a surgical cure as these tumours do not respond well to chemotherapy; these are unusual bladder tumours. I am not particularly aware of chemotherapy which is effective against these tumours and I would advise you seek a specialist in cancer medicine, but doxorubicin, cisplatin or carboplatin would be the the drugs most likely to help. The important thing is to see if it has spread (chest and lumbar spine xrays and ultrasound of the abdominal lymph nodes). If it has not then I am not sure that chemotherapy would be particularly helpful. Ask to see a specialist.]]></description>
<dc:creator>MarkRicher</dc:creator>
<category>Ask The Vet</category><pubDate>Sat, 30 Apr 2011 19:24:54 +0000</pubDate></item>
<item>
<guid>https://www.vetclickforum.co.uk/read.php?7,18683,18683#msg-18683</guid>
<title>Bladder cancer</title><link>https://www.vetclickforum.co.uk/read.php?7,18683,18683#msg-18683</link><description><![CDATA[ Hello,<br />I am writing from Spain and I would really like to know your opinion.<br /><br />I have a 8 years old Golden Retriever who has just had an operation to remove a mass in her bladder. It was succesfully removed and I just got the lab results today. My vet said that the edges are clean and that they are not sure if the tumor is Leiomysacorma or Rhabdomysarcoma and they needed to do more test to determine that.<br /><br />She told me that I have to decide to give the dog chimotherapy too (apparently this is more appopiate for one type of cancer more than the other but the results are going to take 40 days).<br />Could anybody tell me if it is a good idea to do chemotherapy after the operation? (to my acknowledge there is not signs of spreading but they haven&#039;t do other test)<br /><br />They did an ultrasound last week, saw the mass, operate on her (sucessfully) and now it&#039;s a matter of knownig if they should do chimotherapy to make sure.<br /><br />I would really appreciate if anybody can give me an advise.<br /><br />Regards,<br />Esther]]></description>
<dc:creator>Esther Plaza</dc:creator>
<category>Ask The Vet</category><pubDate>Thu, 28 Apr 2011 16:49:24 +0000</pubDate></item>
</channel>
</rss>